The UK has experienced some dramatic and record-breaking weather over the winter: with astonishing amounts of rainfall and serious flood events. Even in the cautious world of climate science, respectable voices are now suggesting that recent weather may be a result of climate change. A citizen-science project (Weather@home) is attempting to see if we can identify the link between climate change and the recent weather. Here we have a selection of news items that take an overview of the UK’s winter weather.
- Climate News Network: Evidence ‘suggests climate change is worsening UK winter’
- CEH blog: Record breakers? Climate change, statistics and the recent UK floods
- The Conversation: Climate change and natural patterns combined to bring wettest winter ever
- Met Office: Winter storms, January to February 2014
- Met Office: Wettest winter for England and Wales since 1766
- ClimatePrediction.net: Weather@home 2014: the causes of the UK winter floods