The biggest UK adaptation story in recent weeks has been the launch of the Royal Society’s report on resilience to global weather extremes. The report looks in particular at the impact of floods, droughts and heatwaves across the world. Seven recommendations are made, under the themes of planning and preparation, protecting people and assets, and evidence-based decision-making. As well as summary and full versions of the report, there is a wealth of supporting material available online.
- Royal Society: Resilience to extreme weather/
- Royal Scociety blog: The road to resilience
- Climate News Network: Warming world spells trouble for growing and ageing populations
- BBC: Risk from extreme weather set to rise
- The Guardian: Financial systems must consider extreme weather, or risk condemning millions to die