In case you missed it, 2015 was officially the warmest year on record, with 2016 likely to be at least as warm as the effects of El Niño continue. The temperatures reached last year could occur regularly in as little 15 years time.
- Met Office: 2015 the warmest year on record, say scientists
- Met Office: December 2015 breaks records
- NOAA: Global summary information – December 2015
- Climate Home: Global warming passed 1˚C in 2015
- The Guardian: Record hot 2015 gave us a glimpse at the future of global warming
- Climate Central: 2015 shatters hottest year mark: 2016 hot on its heels?
The National Centers for Environmental Information at NOAA have also produced an excellent graphic showing the significant climate events of 2015.