NOAA’s State of the climate report for 2015 outlines the many climate records broken during the year – with records still tumbling through the first half of 2016. It is looking highly unlikely that the Paris Agreement aim of keeping warming to below 1.5 degrees is achievable. Other records broken include a new high for carbon dioxide levels and increased ocean temperatures.
- Climate Central: First half of 2016 blows away temp records
- New York Times: Global temperatures are on course for another record this year
- The Guardian: Scientists warn world will miss key climate target
- Inside Climate News: Latest climate report: heat, more heat and signs of worse to come
- Carbon Brief: Scientists confirm multiple climate records broken in 2015